Regional Education Agreement
The highlights of the Regional Education Agreement:
- The agreement’s envelope is approximately $1.1 billion over five years.
- It affects 25 elementary and secondary schools, distributed among eight nations in Quebec.
- It ensures the equitable financing of educational operations.
- The agreement came into effect on April 1, 2022, and will end on March 31, 2027.
- The renewal provides for an evaluation of the performance of the agreement as of 2027 to update the basis for its renewal.
The Regional Education Agreement Ensures:
- Complete jurisdiction over education by member communities.
- Sufficient funding for First Nations K-12 education.
- Access to quality education that meets the real needs of the communities.
- The hiring of (hundreds of) new qualified professionals in our communities.
- Education focused on the culture, language, and social and geographical realities of our communities.
- A sufficient environment that promotes learning in the territory.
- Increased techno-pedagogical capacity of teachers.
50, Boul. Bastien
Monday to Friday
8:00 am to 12:00 pm and
1:00 pm to 4:15 pm
Monday to Thursday
8:00 am to 4:00 pm
8:00 am to noon